Sunday, April 29, 2012

Floor It!

Progress on the depot continues.  The window and door openings are all framed up, and the upstairs floor is cut to size.  I still have to decide where the stairs will be and cut out an opening for them, but I'll figure that out when I decide on an interior floor plan.

I've also started experimenting with printed wallpapers.  There's no shortage of garish, ugly wallpapers online, patterns appropriate for an early 1900's building.  This is the first one I tried.  Sorry for the lousy photos, not sure what went wrong there.

I'll likely use printed textures for the lower floor, a tile pattern or nice finished wood flooring.  I don't think carpeting was common in northern Minnesota in 1920, but a large rug probably wouldn't be out of place.