Sunday, November 27, 2011

Yes Deer

A lot of guys have spent a lot of time over the past few weeks wandering around the woods looking for deer.  I don't have to go any further than my basement, three of them have taken up residence in my forest.



I made a hobby shop run today to look for the December issue of Railroad Model Craftsman (the one with my article), and since I was there, picked up some figures, including these deer.

On Wednesday, I promised that by the end of this long weekend, the layout would look a lot different.  I have one more day off, but errands to run, so there won't be much modeling done on that last day.  That said, I did make significant progress over the weekend.  The layout looks different, there's a lot less unfinished styrofoam to look at.

This spot will be the future home of a water tower:

The sawmill and the Woodenware Factory will sit here.  That unfinished oval section will be the hot water pond used to store logs:

All in all, a productive and RELAXING weekend.  I hope to accomplish just as much over my remaining long weekends before the end of the year.

3 comments:

  1. That day to day adventure is incredible. Can't wait you're next post.

    Do you still have on computer you're final track plan file that you first made with a model railroad cad software ? If so, can I ask you a copy of it ?

    My address is frederic (dot) begin (at) videotron (dot) ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I do have the track plan, and just published a new post with the link to download it.

    ReplyDelete