Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A River Runs Through It

Wanna see how to turn this:


Into this?


Well, do ya?  Come to the NMRA's Thousand Lakes Region convention in May, and I'll show you how.  I'll even give you a chunk of pink foam, and will help you make one of your own.  It won't look exactly like that, because we'll be modeling the same early-winter/late-fall look that I'm using on the layout, using all-natural materials for scenery.  No green foam allowed!














The convention kicks off on Thursday, May 16th, with layout tours from 1:00pm-5:00pm.  I'm one of those tours, so if you're in town that afternoon, stop by and have a look.  Clinics start Friday morning at 9:00am, and I'm the opening act, showing you how to build a river crossing similar to the one above.  After that, I'll be available for a hands-on workshop to let you try your hand at the scenery techniques that I'll be showing you.

Later that same day, I'll be hosting another workshop, this one showing you how to make your own corrugated metal roofing - practically free!  Other clinics and workshops will be available on Friday, along with more layout tours.  Saturday brings more of the same, plus some prototype tours, including a visit to the Milwaukee Road #261 shops.  The day ends with the banquet, awards ceremony (I might have a model or two entered), and prize auction.

The festivities wrap up on Sunday with more layout tours - mine's open from 10:00am-4:00pm.  If you don't get to see it on Thursday, be sure to stop by on Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment