Saturday, December 10, 2011

Easy-Peasy Paintbrush Cleansy

I thought I would share a tip for cleaning paint brushes.  I can't remember where I picked this idea up from, it's not my idea, but it works great.  Find an empty bottle of ACT mouthwash, the type in the squeeze bottle with the little cup on top:


  • Using pliers, gently pull the center insert out of the bottle.  
  • Fill the bottle with blue windshield washer fluid, the best cleaning fluid you can get for water-based paints.
  • Replace the plastic insert that you removed
  • Label the bottle clearly to indicate that it is NOT FOR DRINKING!!!  You don't want somebody thinking it's blue mouthwash.
You now have a self-contained, spill-proof brush cleaning system.  Just squeeze the bottle to fill the little cup with washer fluid, swish your brush around in the cup, wipe dry with a paper towel, and dump out the dirty fluid.

Here's mine:

No comments:

Post a Comment