Sunday, December 12, 2010

Minor setback

Don't believe everything that you read on the Internet.  I knew this, but did it anyway.  Bachmann recommends a minimum curve radius of 22" for the 2-10-2, but I found some forum posts online claiming that it runs fine with 18" curves.  It doesn't.

I started laying out track today, following my track plan, and on the first test run through the first curve - boom, the locomotive derailed.  Tried it in reverse - boom, the tender derailed.  I moved the tender drawbar to the furthest position - no difference in either direction.  Soooo, I'm revising the track plan to eliminate the 18" curves on the "ends" of the layout.  Couple of ideas in mind, just need to make them fit on the shelf.

1 comment:

  1. Best laid plans of mice etc: I did that with my Athearn DMIR SD's thats why they don't make appearances on Wingetts recycling...

    ReplyDelete