Sunday, January 15, 2012

Poking The Box

I recently read one of those "personal development" books, entitled Poke The Box, by Seth Godin.  Essentially, it's a motivational book emphasizing the "you won't know until you try" mantra - poke the box and see what happens.  This post isn't about that book, but it is about poking the box.

I've spent the better part of this weekend assembling kits for my scratchbuilding clinic next month (February 9th, 7:00pm, Jackson Street Roundhouse).  I'll be providing the materials and the guidance to build a simple lean-to shed.  The real lesson in the clinic is how to make corrugated metal siding using household aluminum foil.



As I was assembling the kits, I started to think "I wonder if I could sell these?"  For a couple of bucks, plus shipping, I can give somebody the raw materials and guidance to scratchbuild a structure, in simple kit form.  I've decided to "poke the box" and find out.  If you'd like to buy one, go here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140682974616

Let the experiment begin!

A closer look at the kit:



No comments:

Post a Comment