Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Boards Turned Gray Behind Yellow Wood

A better title might be "Apologies to Robert Frost", but I couldn't think of another title to sum up the weathering and painting that I did this evening.

Using my trusty India Ink/alcohol solution, I stained the floor and two side walls of the caboose.




I painted the insides of the two walls black, primarily to help minimize warping.  This thin sheet stock will warp badly if only one side is painted.  The black will also help disguise the fact that there is no interior detail.  I also painted the underside of the frame black.




A light coat of yellow (not DM&IR Yellow, but close) was applied to the outside of the walls.  Notice also that one of the window frames is in place, constructed from thin styrene strips.


No comments:

Post a Comment